shaved parmigiano reggiano
minced garlic & shallots
diced fire-roasted poblanos
chocolate mousse cake
frying pan (cast iron or similar)
salt & pepper
red wine (optional)
GRILLED CAESAR SALAD
1. Preheat grill or frying pan on high.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine chopped romaine, bacon lardons, parmigiano reggiano, & croutons. Set to the side.
3. Lightly drizzle the romaine wedge with olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
4. Quickly grill or sear the cut side of the romaine wedge until lightly charred. Remove from heat. Toss the chopped romaine with caesar dressing & plate on a large platter.
5. Top with the romaine wedge & crispy capers before drizzling with additional caesar dressing.
1. In a large frying pan, preheat the fat from the cryo vac bag over medium heat.
2. Place potatoes in the pan & fry for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
1. Pre-heat a frying pan over medium-high heat with canola oil or other high-heat cooking oil. If using cast iron, heat the pan until it begins to lightly smoke.
2. While the pan is pre-heating, pat the steak dry with a paper towel & season with salt & black pepper on both sides. Save the marinade for step 4.
3. Place the steak onto the pre-heated pan & press it down so it forms a nice crust. Sear for 4 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 122°F.
4. Add herbs from the marinade into the pan along with 2 tbsp of butter.
5. Baste the steak with the butter-herb mixture for 1 minute, then remove from the pan & pour the butter mixture overtop. Allow it to rest for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.
1. Add 2 tbsp of butter to the same pan that was used to sear the steak.
2. Sauté shallots, garlic & roasted poblanos over medium heat until translucent.
3. Add mushrooms & increase the heat to medium high. Cook until the liquid has evaporated & the mushrooms are a golden brown.
4. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of red wine. Add another tbsp of of butter & season with salt & pepper.
1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup of red wine to a boil & heat until reduced by half.
2. Add the demi-glace, bring back to a simmer, & pour over the steak before serving.
1. Toast marshmallows under the broiler on high until they are golden brown. (Alternatively, put them on a heat resistant surface & toast with a blow torch.)
2. Once the marshmallows are lightly toasted, put the chocolate plaque on top to melt.
3. Place the mousse cake in the centre of a large plate & surround with marshmallows.
4. Place a small pile of graham soil next to each marshmallow, & garnish with fresh strawberries & raspberry purée.