curried apple & parsnip soup
carrot & parsnip chips
white balsamic dressing
aubergine & squash pavé
vegan chocolate mousse
mint sponge toffee
CURRIED APPLE & PARSNIP SOUP
1. Pour soup into a sauce pan & bring to a boil.
2. Serve in soup bowls, & top with carrot & parsnip chips.
1. Place arugula into a large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 of the shaved parmesan, red onion, candied pecans, wedged strawberries (save a couple for the dessert!), citrus segments, & the white balsamic dressing. Skip the parmesan to make the salad vegan.
2. Mix together until all the ingredients are well coated.
3. Pile high in the middle of a dinner plate & top with the remaining parmesan.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400°F & arrange the racks so that one is on the lowest rung.
2. Place the pavé on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, & put it on the bottom rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Flip after 15 minutes, & bake until both sides are crispy.
3. While the pavé is baking, heat up the cauliflower-tahini purée in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
4. Place a large spoonful of the purée in the middle of each dinner plate. (For added plating points, drag the sauce away in a sweeping motion while keeping the spoon in contact with the plate.)
5. Once the pavé is done, place it in the centre of the cauliflower purée. Top with beet tartare as well as parsnip & carrot chips.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1. Take the piping bag of chocolate mousse & cut the tip at an angle.
2. Pipe the mousse onto a plate or bowl in a rolling pattern.
3. Garnish with the mint sponge toffee, fresh mint, & a few pieces of wedged strawberry.